From:
Jerry Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 12:55:20 -0600
Hi,
        I'm not only new to this list, but I'm new to beekeeping.  I've
had the interest for some time now and am tired of just reading about
it.  I, therefore hope to start with a couple of hives this coming
Spring.
        I live in Lipan, Texas - which is just west of Fort Worth,
Texas.  I am hoping to make contact someone that lives in this area to
help GUIDE me in starting the hives so I don't start off by murdering
them.
        I have bought most of the supplies (I think - brood boxes,
supers, frames, queen excluder, covers, smoker, bee suit, hive tool) for
two hives (two catalog starter kits).  Only lacking the starter
foundation, and bee's, which I understand shouldn't be ordered until
Spring.
        I and my wife have done a lot of reading about beekeeping.  But,
we some how feel that beside making it all seem very complex, all the
reading won't be enough.  That's why I'm hoping to find a guide to help
start things right.  Also, so I don't pester this list with a bunch of
newbie dumb questions, that may seem important to me.  Like: I was
thinking of starting with the Buckfast Queen from B. Weaver Apiaries.
Only because their write up states they are gentle and easy keeping
bee's good for the novice beekeeper.  Is this an OK choice or should we
do something different?

Thanks

Jerry Scott