From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 07:50:06 -0500
Robert Brenchley wrote:
> I would totally support burning for AFB, but I wonder
> where the bees come into contact with spores, given the
> pattern of sporadic isolated outbreaks?

The most common source is from contaminated honey.  Within an operation this
can be from exchanging frames from hive to hive or putting wet supers out
for the bees.  Between
operations, it's usually your neighbors bees (written tounge in cheek).
Seriously, the most common source of AFB spores is from contaminated honey.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!