From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2014 09:59:46 -0400
I have been blaming the media for the overblown claims of honeybee declines and keeping CCD alive even through its disappeared as a malady years ago.

Now I see even Jeff Pettis is part of the game

" Colony collapse disorder, a syndrome for which scientists still do not have a cause, continues to take a toll on apiaries. "

These comments on miticides caught my attention also as being inaccurate.

"For commercial beekeepers, there are currently only three fast-acting treatments for varroa mites: the miticides fluvalinate, coumaphos, and amitraz. While there are also a number of folk remedies and organic treatments, none work as well as these other treatments and all involve more labor and costs to apply."

So much for thymol and Apiguard, oxalic and formic apparently those are mere folk remedies and don't work as well as Checkmite an Apistan. Right!

http://home.ezezine.com/1636/1636-2014.05.21.06.53.archive.html

He of all people should know that CCD is a nonissue and that USDA hive counts are stable. Why perpetuate these untruths?

I guess when you ask for money from Congress anything goes. No wonder the media can't get the story straight.