From:
Marko Randjic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:11:05 +0100
On 05-Oct-99, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Research scientists and entomologists have been trying to find a cure or
>something to kill the AFB spore for at least 100 years; and our government
>laboratories as well as university laboratories are STILL TRYING now in 1999.

> You mentioned treating the queen with medicine.  What medicine?

Oxytetracycline...

> You mentioned approval by a veterinarian.  In the U. S., veterinarians treat
>only
>mammals, no insects.

It is the same here, but he has to give his opinion whether or not the disease
if actually the AFB, so that the other legal measures could follow. So, your
veterinarians don't study bees.

>I suggest that you spend your time with proper bee care, because you might be
>wasting your energy trying to find a treatment against AFB.  Now, in the U.

 Thanks, but, I am already giving my best to do so. I actually do not have
problems with AFB, I was only curious to know what is the other people's
opinion on this list

>S., we have almost eliminated AFB,. now down to about 1-2% of all hives.

BTW, Why is it called "American foulbrood"?

>AFB is a tough disease that the best scientists in all countries have not
>been able
>to find a treatment.  It reminds me of all the work and science that has been
>put into trying to find a cure for lung cancer in humans, and still we have
>not found
>anything positive.

It doesn't mean that it will not succeed in the future.

>I am a retired scientist, and all of these problems just make me feel
>inadequate.

Modern science is maybe neglecting some important aspects of nature, that is
maybe why it can't handle some important problems

Regards!

Marko Randjic