From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:59:59 -0700
> > Could.  But nobody has given specific instances of where this has been
> > observed, measured, and quantified with honey bees.  AFAIK.

> Sure it has, and by anyone collecting pollen in bulk that has sold pollen
> in bulk to buyers like CC Pollen, or Robson Honey.

Really?  THere is an objective, controlled observation that has been
published and peer reviewed?  Point me to it.

>  I guess needs to be officially watched and measureed you are saying as to
> what each color is and then to track the plant bloom size/size of plant it
> is from to officially say it is happening. So you are saying this is
> really needed then?

Some of us need proof.  After all, this is the Skeptical Doubters'
Ooops-I-was-Wrong List, not the Anecdotal, I-Believe-in-Anything Fireside
Feel-Good Chat list.

(Proof is not really that tough, tho', since we often settle for vague
references to second-rate, badly performed, seriously flawed, slightly
relevant, misinterpreted studies that no one has actually read as proof
absolute).

> So who you gonna get to do it?

Me?  Who am *I* going to get to do it?  I don't think so.  Why would I do
that?  I'm not the one who claims this is true, or even thinks this is very
plausible.  Sorry.

I guess that what is needed is someone who believes your claims enough to
put in the effort to do the work (and be prepared to find the premise is
wrong).

On the record, it isn't me, because I doubt the claim, and also think that
there may be more than cell size involved in your observations.  I'd love to
be proven wrong, though (Again).

Such a study can be done.  Frank Eischen did a similar analysis with the
Australian packages on the almonds last year in the process of analysing the
relative effectiveness of various almond pollination options. His work
looks, on the surface at least, to be valid and meaningful.  The meaning?
We're still wondering.