From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 12:34:59 -0500
If you tell me exactly which parts
of my post are confusing to you, I'd be glad to elaborate.

Might be a long note!    Your claim if I understand it is that the default
is for an egg to be a drone.  While true for an unfertilized egg,  My
understanding of the ABC's of bees is that fertilized eggs become females,
not "epigenetic differences in expression of the genes of that individual"

If I understand you, your alluding to something that is opposed to what is
being taught.  That Genetic chromosomes determine sex.  You also allude to
epigenetic  reasons for sexual development?   My understanding is those are
straight genetics (inherited traits) that are activated by nutrition. (I can
see that being similar to epigenetic) My understanding of the two is the
epigenetics are issues that are expressed that are not passed on in DNA,
and yet I have been taught so far that the differences in queen development
are not epigenetic,  but genetic.   Hence the logic we can use any egg
that's not in a drone cell.

Working on your latest writing on the topic,  but have not fully digested it
and how it relates to this discussion.

Charles