From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 23:17:41 -0800
Troy Fore wrote:
> I have resisted posting replies to some of the off-the-wall comments on
> the proposal to expand the Honey Board because of the title of the BEE-L:
> "Discussion of Bee Biology." But the latest.....
> ..... pushed my button too hard. He posted, on behalf of Joe Rowland:

        I'd just like to tell you all that I know Joe Rowland fairly well.
We've had a few long beekeeper talks at NYS meetings and a couple years
ago Joe put on a queen rearing/grafting demo for our local organization
here at my place. Joe is as fine a beekeepers as I've met anywhere. He
has done some terrific work with queen selection and was one of the
people that influnced my decision to get into queen work. And I'm 99% in
agreement with Joe on this issue. I don't want to make a big post of
this but I'd like to ask Mr. Fore why any of us should support NHB
considering that the price of honey produced, that is in the barrel, has
not even kept up with inflation and our market share has decreased
during the years of NHB's activity ? As for letting the packers/stealers
off without paying- you bet, and keep the board in the hands of
producers only. I mean PRODUCERS, not producer packers, not producers
that work for packers, and not producers with huge interests in large
cooperatives. If the price in the barrel does'nt increase more American
producers will be forced to quit. When producers go down the support
industries including magazines such as yours will suffer also.