From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 21:25:29 -0500
On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, David Eyre wrote:

> >        The question for this newbie is: "Which race of honey bees should I
> >     go with?"  I have used Italians for the past three years, losing them
> >     each fall and winter and starting again with packages in the spring.

                To the originator of this-  One more comment on the selection
of race. The usual descriptions of the various races are quite
generalized. There is quite a bit of variability within each race.
Especialy here in North America since there has been no major importation of
bees in 75 yrs. Also, bees freely crossbreed in most cases and the
races have been separated by little more than color and general behavior.>

  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  x                                                              x
  x    Vince & Carole Coppola                [log in to unmask]   x
  x    Coppola Apiaries,                     (716)965-2904       x
  x    10220 Bradigan Rd.                                        x
  x    Forestville, N.Y. 14062                                   x
  x                                                              x
  x    Western New York Beekeepers Association                   x