Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:25:10 PDT
<<There are two other places that would say they do not have varroa and that is New Zealand and Hawaii.  They also have the possibility of keeping varroa out but there is always the idiot factor.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA >>

Hello Gang,

My guess is that the degree of difficulty coupled with vigilance are the
major factors in keeping these areas mite free, Idiot Factor not
withstanding.

I work at a bus station to help finance my apiary expansion. We sometimes
wonder how some of the folks who ride the bus can find their shoes in
the morning! I knew that there was an Idiot Factor out there,
but what surprised me is how extensive that factor really is.

Having said that, human nature being what it is, I believe that it is
only a matter of time until the mites are landed on those beach heads too.

Grist Mill Apiary

Ernie Gregoire

Canaan, NH. USA

09/30/99 08:25:10