Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:33:04 +0000
.what do you think of this article?

It is fascinating and very interesting,  There has been debates on the effect on plants for quite a while now,  the problem is for us to assume that with this data we now have answers.   Heck we still debate about how much salt in the diet.We spend a lot of time discussing how some nutrients go down,  but not how some go up.  Here in the US minerals do not seem to be an issue.  Increased  carb yields may actually let us cultivate less ground.  hard to say.  I don't see personal hunger changing much.  It would be quite interesting to blame Co2 for the nations obesity,  not sure it would fly though.  Of course we continue the research,  we continue to learn.  It seems quite a bit of hubris to assume that at some set point in time everything was perfect,  and we should not rock the boat.
To quote Donald Rumesfeld,  There are known and unknowns we dont even know about.     Whats happening in the press is that we are taking tiny pieces of research,  and running around like we know something and the sky is falling.
There needs to be two things here,  first identify the problem,  in most of these cases we not even sure its a problem.  Second  we need a proposed solution.
In the case you cite here,  it may be the planet compensating on its own.  Increased carbs,  but mineral deficiency may lead to more starvation and less population.  Its not pretty to but it that way,  but cause and effect may actually have a play.
Research should contiune!
Charles