From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:02:40 -0500
> But I am in support of Bailey’s contention that lowered density is
> healthier for bees

>Actually you could apply the same logic to humans.

Some of the most  densely populated places on earth are among the healthiest and most prosperous (think Hong Kong, Tokyo), while others are poor and filthy (Mumbai, Mexico City). Where human success is concerned, government is a much bigger factor than numbers. And as some here have argued, management may be at least as important as numbers when it comes to bee yards.

Eugene Makovec