From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2018 06:02:56 -0500
a Paul Hosticka snip...
The statement that without treatment (read control) of varroa, viable beekeeping is not possible is I believe unquestionable. Some say that if we had never treated a single colony that the bees would have developed resistance by now. I believe that that is a guess unsupported by evidence.

my comment...
well the two implicit question would be for me are 1)what is the definition of viable and 2) what kind of individual survival time line would you use as evidence to suggest this statement is not true?

I raise bees here with no more chemical use beyond sugar and I am not a singular data point here in central Texas. You can split hairs and make reservation using words like viable (subjective at best) but to deny the evidence (and not just here in Texas) simply means you are ignoring the obvious.

Gene in Central Texas...