From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:26:56 -0400
 Walter Patton wrote
>Bleak  Yes I would agree that things do look a little bleak
> for U.S. honeybees with continued importation of Canadian
>honeybees fresh off
>the airplane from New Zealand with the following
> honeybee  pests and diseases known to be on the N.Z.
>honeybees.

It is a pity that in these desperate times of mites and disease some one can
defame a caring and co-operative organization such as ours. We do not, have
not, and will not import bees from New Zealand to ship to the US.

        It would appear, after examination, that the only people who import
bees from NZ in any numbers, are the Western Canada commercial honey
producers, for their own use, and not for re-export.

        Once again, it would appear that Mr. Patton has his facts backwards,
and his continued tirade against the New Zealanders is becoming a trifle
boring, to say the least.

   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *