From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:15:57 -0400
"Bee lovers mapping state colonies.
Observers can help by going to a new Web site that lets them report
sightings of wild bees"

"David Tarpy, an entomologist at N.C. State University, and Debbie
Delaney, a bee researcher who works in Tarpy's lab, are collaborating with
amateur beekeeper and Web developer Ronnie Bouchon of Raleigh to create a
map of feral bee colonies."

"They may be an untapped genetic resource that we can use in the
industry," Tarpy said of the feral colonies he's trying to map.

Read Article Here:
http://www.newsobserver.com/print/saturday/city_state/story/1123358.html

Joe Waggle
Derry, Pa
Feralbeeproject.com
‘I laid my head to ye tree and there was a humming,
and I said "there is bees"!’ (Bee Hunter, 1641) Eva Crane