From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:05:14 -0700
At 10:12 AM 9/16/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I can recall some time ago reading a tale on this List of
>someone in California who used to (believe it or not)
>store Queens in his mouth as he was working away.

Yep, after a cool one on a very hot afternoon as my buddy went for some
more queen cages I did do that.

>He did get stung inside his mouth one or more times
>once and quit the practice.

>Probably in this case, the Queens were trying to kill
>one another inside his mouth and accidentally stung the
>beekeeper.

Thats a good idea but does not explain the times I have been stung by
queens as I pinched them between my fingers. My own theory is that virgin
or non laying queens are more adapted at stinging but I have never taken
the time to check it out or have I read of anyone else doing it.

>[ Aside .... at age 65, I am "finally" learning never to
>say never.....contrary things do happen :-) ]

Some people take longer, I learned long ago and I am only 60.<G>

ttul, Andy-