Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2018 16:14:07 -0400
> >There is no doubt that you can take a shabby set of bees and greatly
> increase their production via simply selection techniques and by applying
> certain management strategies.  I suspect you would have a difficult time
> doing this today in Wisconsin or many places in the upper midwest due to
> changes in cropping patterns.

Nothing to do with what was shown. The variable was not the forage that
increased honey production, but the bees (selection) and management
practices. My guess is that everyone here has seen that, as you point
out.My first experience with bees was to grow my own queens by selection.
Also added George Imire's management practices and went from 25 lbs of
honey per year, which was the norm for my area to 75-150. I would not say
they were shabby bees but just not attuned to my area,

My guess is you can go to the same location in Wisconsin today and achieve
the same results in increase,

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine