From:
Rimantas Zujus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:16:21 +0200
Ruary Rudd writes

> Regarding Copper gluconate I have watched this list with interest and have
> not seen any message regarding the efficacy of this chemical as a
treatment
> for Varroa.

This question is very interesting to me also. I've got a pack of  "Happy
Hive Salts" from Bickerstaffes Honey LTD recently and I gave the salt to Dr.
Amsiejus. His undergraduate student will start the efficiency investigations
this spring.

I have read an article on the Cupric gluconate efficiency and found that the
efficiency was only some 75 %. A mind stroke to my head. The efficiency of
accaricides is much higher but the survived mites get used to it in a few
years. What about a new line of mites got used to Cupric salts?

Any suggestions?

Rimantas
e-mail : [log in to unmask]
ICQ# : 4201422