From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:06:19 -0400
Gavin writes:

Authors? Publication details? This seems like a crucial part of the French jigsaw, and I'm sure that more than me would appreciate learning where to read more.

Hi Gavin!

I have been unearthing and steadily posting these findings for years. This particular one came out this summer and I posted it to Bee-L in July or thereabouts. However, here is the link:

http://tinyurl.com/yhzyanu

"Influence of Pesticide Residues on Honey Bee (Hymenoptera: Apidae) Colony Health in France"
MARIE-PIERRE CHAUZAT, et al
Environ. Entomol. 38(3): 514-523 (2009)

Marie-Pierre Chauzat presented at Apimondia last month on this topic. She clearly states in her abstract: "Results did not support the toxic origin as the main explanation for the mortality of colonies." She points directly at the bad state of bees' health and "poor sanitary management of the apiaries" as the essential cause of bee loss. Of course, she was probably bought by Bayer, right?

plb