Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:23:55 -0500
http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/07/29/us-food-organic-idUSTRE56S3ZJ20090729

says there is no added benefit from organic food. Plus, even Consumer
Reports finds pesticides in organics.

The key, as in all things that border on faith, is personal. If you like to
practice organic gardening, as I do, then go for it. Same with organic
beekeeping, but the final product is not going to be better than the
commercial farmer or beekeeper no matter how pure we feel we are.

I would love to change the name "organic" to "No Treatments", because that
is what is implied but seldom arrived at. I do not treat my fruits and
veggies at all, but I certainly treat my bees. Some who treat their bees
say they are organic, because what they use is "natural" to the hive like
formic acid. If it is natural, then drink some. Farmers are the same and
treat with "organic' pesticides which are more potent than many commercial
pesticides.

We have been down this path may times, and, as always, it is personal and
based somewhat on science, at least for a while.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine