From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:25:59 +0200
..  but the root issue  appears to be one or more pathogens.

I left a bunch of colonies (19) at home without any treatment since last
spring (august 2007).

All the two years old colonies have already died (4). Lots of varroa, lots
of deformed wing virus. After dead there was still honey and polen in the
frames. No robbing. The boxes were put on top of other colonies (2).

All the colonies on the same stand than the old dead one are having big
troubles. Lots of varroa, lots of deformed wing virus. No PMS seen in the
frames, tough. No bad smell, no sign of Sacbrood. These stands are on the
front of the apiary. The old colony in the back stand looks great (dark
queen, very agressive colony), the new one on her side also looks great.

Lots of dark, black, greasy, with out hair bees seen in all colonies still
alive (11).

Some "look like normal young bees" walking on the floor without been able to
fly. Wing paralysis virus? Do not know from which colony they are falling
out.

Some new colonies (made past spring) that wintered with a full super with
honey are doing really good (4). One of the same age colonies that was used
to collect pollen is in very bad condition.

Two new colonies died of starvation.

All (3) autum nucleos died of starvation.

Still alive 11 colonies.

Today I put formic acid and started feeding sugar syrup on a "community
feeder".

Will report in a month or so, if someone reminds me.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.