From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 07:40:37 -0400
>"Here in Missouri I don't remember ever seeing propolis like I see this year." - EM

That's a good point.  I did see a lot of propolis production this summer - many of my inner covers were glued heavily to the frame tops - and I switched over to wooden frames with plastic foundation from solid plastic frames this year to avoid that kind of issue.  While a hot summer, we had a lot of rain, so the trees did very well, as did most plants.  Would have been a good year to make propolis tincture.

>"Wooly worms mostly all black" - BH

Well, mine around here have all had a large brown band, which I define as being at least 40% body length, having not seen a clear definition anywhere.  40% makes it larger than the black bands on either side, and is easy to see.  So, now I am conflicted.  Either the bees or the woolies are out and out lying to me.  Only time will tell.

Bill