Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2017 13:07:25 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
>Today that cup has a single egg in it dead center. The egg doesn't seem to have the customary curve of a normal egg- it's almost straight.

A Little setback today - the egg was policed out.  May have been worker laid or damaged when moved. But tomorrow they get another frame of eggs and we start over.  My queen cups are opposite the frame with the eggs, I may try to put them on the same frame. Since the colony has not drawn emergency cells on the frame with eggs, I'm beginning to suspect it may think it's queen-right even though I pinched the queen four days ago. Today I examined every frame - no other eggs anywhere in the colony.

Also, I have colonies up on double screens in a Demaree configuration for swarm management. The open brood is on the top of the stack separated from the queen by an excluder and three supers plus the double screen.  They will be making queens in the top box and they are full of frames with natural queen cups.  If any one of them has an egg in a cup, there's a possibility it was moved. They were just manipulated on the 16th so I think there is still time to check today. 

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2