Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 08:48:00 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I've cleaned a lot of crabs commercially and for private use: Alaskan           
King Crab, snow crab, and dungeness crab.  Every single one of them             
had gills.  Perhaps Australian crabs come to the surface to breathe thus        
the similarity to bees breathing apparatus as  David Goble states.  I find      
fascinating the logic that because crabs and bees share the                     
classification of invertebrate that THEREFORE bees can stay under               
water but die only because they run out of FOOD.  Perhaps Mr. Goble             
(presumably a vertebrate) can breathe underwater like a fish (another           
vertebrate) but most of the rest of us need to carry our air with us            
(scuba dive) when we stay underwater longer than one lungful of air             
can sustain us.                                                                 

Perhaps I'm just showing my humor impairment.                                   
Please, Mr. Goble, tell us this is a joke posting.                              

Alden Leatherman                                                                
[log in to unmask]                                                    

ATOM RSS1 RSS2