From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:21:41 -0400
Waldemar asked "how often do you remove the pollen from your
traps?  Is every other day frequent enough to prevent pollen
deterioration in the summer heat & humidity?"

I'd say that every 2nd day is enough, but is pushing the envelope.  Please
keep in mind that I am talking about the Sundance trap, where the pollen is
relatively well protected from the effects of drizzle or thunderstorms.  If
it was a front-mount trap, pretty much any precipitation would totally ruin
the pollen.

I personally do my best to collect the pollen daily, but don't cry or curse
if I miss a day now and then.  Once I went away for a week and completely
forgot to shut off the traps on an entire row of hives in a yard.
Fortunately it was in the fall and when I returned every trap had 2-3 pounds
of beautiful pollen, with no clumping or other indication of deterioration.
I got lucky.

Lloyd

--
Lloyd Spear