From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:51:02 -0700

> >No need to apologize. Please keep posting when you can.

I second that request!  I'm not trying to prove you wrong on anything, Bob,
I asked an honest question.
There is hard data on the mite levels of Eastern packages.  As far as the
Calif packages that you mentioned, I know that that beekeeper keeps his
mite levels lower, so would be a chance for packages from him to survive a
year.  Not sure about the Eastern packages--that's why I asked.

Again I ask, have you or anyone else on the List spoken with the beekeepers
involved with the study for first-hand confirmation of what the brood area
of the deadouts looked like?  Mite kill is pretty easy to diagnose.  Dean?

I'm in agreement with Gavin as to concern about chemigation with neonics.
 I'd also personally want to avoid planting dust.  But feel that any
"evidence" blaming any particular pesticide as the cause of CCD should
stand up to normal scrutiny.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA