From:
al picketts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 22:00:41 -0300
> We waited till an hour before our sunset to install the package only to
> find the queen dead.

Joan
Quite often a package will arrive with a dead queen in the cage. When the
package is made up sometimes a queen is accidentally included with the
worker bees and in this case the bees will kill any caged queens. My advice
would be to hive the bees, without the dead queen, and check for eggs in a
couple of days rather than dashing out to get a new queen. If they already
have a free queen you will frustrate yourself to no end trying to get them
to accept a caged queen.
Al Picketts
PEI, Canada