Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2010 15:03:24 -0700
From: andrea young:  ....how to I get my 2:1 syrup to stop crystalizing in the
feeders (1 gallon plastic tubs with mesh access)?  Currently I bring water to a
boil, then dump in the sugar and stir, then heat for a bit longer on low until
totally dissolved.  Should I be preparing differently?

Just boil the water, take it off the heat, then add the sugar.  Stir until
dissolved.  DON'T heat the sugar syrup at all.  You should be able to completely
dissolve the sugar into the hot liquid without any further heating.

Mike in LA