From:
Marc Studebaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 23:19:12 -0500
>I find this *kinda weird*. I would never put a nuc on the ground not
>expecting to get a honey crop till the next year. I am getting ready this
>month  to super all the nucs I made in April.
>Bob

I guess it shows the difference in locations.  In this area our conditions
are similar to bob and bonnies comments.  A nuc started April 1 will have
filled 2 deeps and need supers now.  A package installed April 1 and the
queen released at that time and fed syrup and pollen will fill 2 deeps and
need supers by June 1 or before.  It does seem *kinda wierd* to feed from
April to September only to fill brood chambers for winter.  Is it worth it?
Could you be missing swarms?
Marc Studebaker
Geneva, IN