From:
"Robert J. Cessac" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:17:47 -0500
Can someone tell what is the best distance beehives should be spaced in
an apiary?  I plan to have 24 hives.  Should they be all in a straight
line, two 12 hive lines or four 6 hive lines?  How far apart when in
line and how far apart between lines?  I realize the terrain will
dictate part of this, but what is best for the bees and their flight
patterns.  I have 10 at the present time on southeast facing slope next
to a small pond and a grove of trees.
In other words, what is most efficient for the bees and what is most
efficient for the beekeeper?  Thanks
--
Robert Cessac
K-B Ranch