From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:44:38 -0500
By definition, money cannot be not "wasted" when policy changes are sought
by citizens, and they merely follow the rules set up by the agency itself.
The plaintiffs went before an administrative law judge, and then appealed
that ruling to the district court, which is not merely their right, but is
the ONLY POSSIBLE MECHANISM by which citizens can hope to change EPA policy
for the better.

This was not what the suit was about!!  Not even close!  This was about one
pesticide...  (it is a test case, there will be more) had they  sought to
address the approval process in general It would be a completely different
story.  The approval process is long and arduous.   Many brilliant minds on
both sides,  in fact darn few,  myself included are even remotely capable of
following and understanding the testing process  and its results.
Which is why we, again myself included,  should shut up about the decisions.
We do have a right to ask and request redress when we can show it was wrong.
In this case you could argue what the pesticide was used on was a bad deal.
But to claim the pesticide in general posing an undue risk is just foolish.
Had this group asked for restraints on exposure paths,  I would be on their
side.  No hesitation.  Not what they seek.

I think it is clear that, regardless of where one stands on pesticide
issues, all can agree that the current process is not meeting anyone's
needs.  So change can only be a good thing.

Myself,  As a both an farmer, and a beekeeper,  located soundly in the
middle of the issue,  would disagree,  seems to me that even though my
grocery bill keeps rising,  so does my honey production.  I am at the moment
pretty satisfied with the process.  Bees are healthy as long as I watch
where I put them,  Crop yields are up,  and wildflowers abound,  even more
than there were when I was a child. Yields from the same amount of crop area
continue to climb.  Seems to that is working well.  Hence our continued
exports of both crops and technology.

I was pointing out the errors  of the plaintiffs, which included some
beekeepers, remember?

Technically true,  but not even close to accurate  "2"  out of literally
100,000 would hardly be fair to say "some"  I have met a lot of beekeepers,
we have a ton of salt of the earth, smart people.  We also have a few
loons....

FYI,  Dang Bee quick is hand stuff on a sunny day!

Charles