From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 15:10:24 -0500
 I take a tape
>recorder ( a small $ 30 one) out with me when I work the bees. The
>recorder has a pause button on it, I just push the button and tell the
>machine what I have seen and what I have to do next time I return to the
>hive.

        Being as I am new to the business, I have been wondering how I would
keep track of my hives when I get into this full time & my hive count goes
up. I have been playing with the idea of using an electronic notebook with a
database program where I would only have to write the hive number and up
pops it's history which can then be updated. Has anyone tried this or know
of any software that would work in this application? Granted these notebooks
are in the $600-800 US range but it might pay for itself by streamling
recordkeeping.

God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund  [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A., 137 hives, less than 1 year in beekeeping.