From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:55:35 -0400

Peter

I know that  you know that the giant honey bee also dwells outdoors, on huge combs, hanging under tree limbs or overhangs of cliffs in the TROPICS, and they fly to their alternate homes.

That has nothing to do with shipping bees that evolved to live in stationary cavities, namely trees, and whether moving them in boxes from one coast of the US to the other does or does not fit their natural behavior, nor whether it does or does not stress them.

Perhaps you were being sarcastic?  I can't imagine, since you posted it under a thread about breeding bees, that you are implying that we could breed a race of A. mellifera to fly themselves to the west coast from New York?  Or maybe that's your latest project - it would  save a lot of money.  If you pull this one off, I'll have to forfeit my hat for developing as Randy calls them ' Buck Rogers Technologies'.

Best  Jerry