From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 00:24:50 -0400
Hi John,

      Lloyd Spear spoke at a Norfolk County meeting two years ago and told
how that was how He had all His hives set up, it provides enough room for
brood rearing and enough winter stores for Our area.

 It has worked but the drawback is the two different sized frames. That was
the reason for asking about "Jumbo" hives.
Lloyd told Us He leaves the mediums on the bottom year round

Three mediums work very well also, I have six hives set up this way.

I love trying new ideas and gadgets to see what works and that is why I have
so many different setups like two D.E. hives and D.E. Langstroth conversion
hive and this year I bought two Styrofoam hives.(those are really light).
Good Luck,
Garry