From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:03:45 EDT
In a message dated 24/10/05 23:19:14 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<Has anyone observed damaged mites with hygienic bees or are  hygienic bees
simply removing [a number of] immature mites along with the  mite-injured
pupae? >>

    Some bees do show mite-damaging behaviour I have  seen it, but not so far
in my current strain. I'd be glad to see it appear, as  it would be a useful
addition to their armoury. The things to look for are  mites with legs bitten
off, and ones with a rather characteristic dent in the  carapace from bee
bites. I've seen images of these on the Net, so they're out  there somewhere.

    Regards,

    Robert Brenchley