From:
Jerry Fries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 21:44:23 -0900
My first year in beekeeping I was wintering some hives here in Alaska. I
got a nieghbor to help me carry my hives from the back yard to the front
where there is more sun. He triped dropped  his side fo the hive in the
snow  and twenty degree afternoon. I never saw anybody move so fast in my
life, he was gone and there I was being heroic saving my bees. I had no
protection at all being used to the weather I had no coat. The bees were
not appreciative of my efforts. They ate my lunch, along with my butt. I
went to the hospital with hundreds of stings.   The hospital  said bee
stings cause histemines there fore they would give me anti histemines.
Benedryl in an I V solution. They told me that for normal bee stings use a
good anti histemine right away. If things got worse get help. Consider
keeping  Epeniphrine shots handy. The lesson? Dont use anti inflammatorys.
use antihistemines.

Jerry Fries