From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:52:13 +0100
Hi Tom

----- Original Message -----
From: "Computer Software Solutions Ltd" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 8:24 PM
Subject: Dead Brood

> Hello All
>
> Due to experimentation gone wrong - although thankfully I now know what
went
> wrong - I now have a Brood Chamber full of dead brood. A terrible sight
> really but at least I will not make that mistake again.
>
> The question is what do I do with it.
>
> I can hardly expect the bees to clean it out - will it start decomposing
> with time?.

Why not? If you are certain of the cause of death not being disease. give
one frame each to 11 colonies. (place them just inside the fringes of the
main working area (3 or 4 frames in). You will be surprised how quickly they
will clean them up. Try dragging an uncapping fork over the cappings to
scratch or lightly cut them (but not hard enough to rip them badly) this
will give a focus for the worker bees attention to deal with the situation.
You will probably see evidence of larvae being thrown out within minutes.

Best Regards Dave Cushman
G8MZY
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman