From:
kent stienburg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 21:09:22 -0400
Hi All,

Well I'm getting ready to extract next weekend.  So I went to the hives
today to move the finished boxes to the top and the boxes in use to the
bottom.  All the hives have three suppers on with two completed.  All
was going  well till I hit my largest hive.  They have built burr comb
with honey every where.  What a mess!!  The boxes APPEAR to place the
frames at the same height.  There are ten frames in each box and I am
conscious of the bee space.  But apparently there is a difference
between the equipment.  I think it could also be due to the size of the
colony, that they were bringing in nectar faster then they could draw
out the foundation on the new super??  It has been on the hive for
almost three weeks.  Anyway,  I scraped the mess off the top and bottom
of all the frames.  I was really popular with the gals.  My neighbor was
watching and after I was finished and sharing a beer that it was the
first time he had seen a tornado of bees :-).  But no stings.  The honey
is very light this year at my hives here in Ontario.  I was wondering if
any one else has tried their liquid gold yet?  It's been hot and fairly
dry here since the spring.  But the honey flow is better this year for
me then last year.  Well good luck to you all and here's hoping your
extracters run smooth.

Kent Stienburg