From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:14:41 -0700
> Randy what do you think of my method? Be honest its hard to hurt my feelings!

I see no problems with it, Bob.

The only question that I have is whether N ceranae spores are as
long-lived as those of N apis.  I have seen some preliminary research
that suggests that they aren't.

If that's the case, it may explain why giving deadout combs a "rest"
before restocking them with bees may be of benefit.

Ditto with virions (live virus particles) in such combs.

Acetic-fumigated combs appear to have some benefit in CCD cases, but
not as much as one would expect.

Note also that crashing colonies and dinks often recover, sometimes
spectacularly.  Don't know why, but I've seen it, as have many others
who leave behind yards of dinks when they go to almonds.  Could be
that the colony finally ramps up an antiviral response, or who knows
what?

Bob, I still have far more questions than answers!

Randy Oliver