From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 1994 14:49:57 +0100
One of my neighbours has a couple of friends who are missionaries.  They
have recently taken a new posting in Madagascar and apparently, along
with everthing else, have inherited one (or more?) beehives.  They know
nothing about bees.  My neighbour asked me what advice I could give.
At least I know enough to say "Not much!"  Presumably what they need is
local beekeeping contacts or, failing that, some good books.  I have
no contacts in that part of Africa at all.  I have only been able to
find one good book about practical beekeeping in Africa and that's
for South Africa, not Madagascar, and may not still be in print.  (The
copy I saw was quite old.)

"Beekeeping in South Africa" by R.H. Anderson, B. Buys and
      M.F. Johannsmeier, published by the S.A. Dept of Agricultural
      Technical Services.

Any comments or suggestions?

--
Malcolm Roe                            Phone  :  +44 442 230000 ext 5104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd              Fax    :  +44 442 232301