Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 08:21:38 GMT
Hi all,

Since there has been much discussion of the bee related microbes of late, I thought I would share the following.

For those that remember, in November 2008, Ramona gave a talk on microbes at the Nebraska State Beekeeping Association meeting.  There was quite a bit of discussion at the time...much of it critical to the ideas we were discussing on the subject.

This was her first public speaking in many years (since college), and her first public presentation on honeybees or science, period.

She is a lot more comfortable in front of the microphone these days, but she certainly got the job done!  Of note is that this is (I think) the first suggestion that moving frames of brood from strong to weak hives might be moving "successful" microbial cultures as well as bees.

These topics are no longer as obscure as they were in 2008, and (even though she is my wife), I think she deserves credit for being ahead of the curve on this one, ...and I think the content stands up quite well....even with all the attention that the subject has received in the time since she gave this groundbreaking talk.

http://www.beeuntoothers.com/index.php/beekeeping/audiovideo/98-2008-microbe-talk

If you are going to link to this talk, please use the url above (rather than a direct link to the MP3 file), as we will be cleaning up the audio, and adding more information in the future.  Enjoy!

deknow