From:
Timothy Eisele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:04:05 -0400
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Rob Green wrote:

> I'm having a home school group of kids come over to look at the apiary, and
> they need head coverage. I thought I could make the advance assignment to
> build their own veil.
>
> Anyone got a pattern or some photos?

I realize this isn't what you asked for, but I find that the head nets
that you can buy to keep off mosquitos make very adequate veils,
particularly if you wear a brimmed hat underneath.  I gave up on
the commercial bee veil years ago, and have been using these
exclusively.  So far, I've never been stung through one.

Depending on where you get them, they can be as cheap as $3-$4.  If you
want the kids to make their own, you could just find one type that looks
good, and use that to make the patters.

Not only are they cheap, the head nets stop the bees *and* the mosquitos.

--
Tim Eisele