From:
Michael Oberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:15:35 -0500
>     My problem came in using full depth frames.  The bees would rather
>swarm that work the frames.  I used it in splits along with feeding and
>I left it on during the nectar flow.  I don't think I ever used a whole
>HB as a honey super during a flow (get too heavy for an old guy), but all
>in all I found them much more difficult to use than wax foundation.  If
>they drew it at all, they made more cross comb that anything.  I finally
>gave up and had a great $300.00 fire.  Believe I'll stick with wax for
>now.

The only times that I have had problems with cross comb and wild comb is
when I tried to use only 9 frames of foundation.   The bees badly cross
combed everything pierco,  and duraguilt.   Of course all I had to do was
scrap the bad comb off of the pierco. not so for the duraguilt.    I wish
you wouldnt have burned them.  I would have been glad to take them off of
your hands.

Thanks
Michael Oberle

Network Technical Services Inc.

Minnesota

The state where absolutely nothing is allowed.