From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:09:39 EST

[log in to unmask] writes:

I  understand that older beekeepers have the reputation to be slightly deaf
and  this may explain the above comment.

This has been worrying me for some time. At gatherings of beekeepers an
amazingly high proportion seem to be wearing hearing aids. Is this because of
some as yet unrecorded side effect of bee-stings or of honey consumption or is
it that beekeepers tend to live longer than most folk and thus display evidence
 of the aging process?

Chris