From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 22:37:52 -0800
Seems to be several different sources of pollen/pollen
substitute patties available out there.  What has the
lists' experience been using the differently sourced
patties to induce rapid brood build-up in the spring?
I am expecially interested in how the Russian colonies
respond to induced build-up in the spring using pollen
patties along with feeding of syrup.  Where I live the
main honey flow follows pretty closely to the spring
build-up flow and the Russians don't seem to be built
up to strong colonies until midway into the flow.
Would like to get them up to strength before the
beginning of the flow.

Mike in lower Alabama