From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:50:36 -0500
I have recently been getting prices for various plastic foundations, as I
have several thousand old frames that I want to get back into service.  I
have found that pierco makes a plastic foundation, there is one called Rite
cell that Mann Lake offers,  one called plasticell from Dadant,  and I seem
to recall from letters to this list that there is one called permadent (I
haven't found someone selling that yet--anyone know?)   I am not interested
in duragilt, as the plastic is not imprinted with cell pattern (and I also
do not want to reopen the LONG debate about duragilt from last year).

I have found that all the prices are very close to each other.  Could anyone
who has used more than one of these compare the quality please.  My only
personal experience with plastic is with pierco frames.  I have been told by
one of our local beekeepers that some of the plastic foundations have a
deeper drawn cell than pierco and are much more readily worked by the bees.
I assume that the pierco foundation is the same depth of cell as the pierco
frame.

Thanks in advance for your help
Stan