From:
joop beetsma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:29:28 +0100
Dear Garth,
Thank you for your quick response to my questions. In my introduction I
wanted to emphasize that these traditional beekeepers do not "raide"
their colonies; they keep the brood nest intact and leave some honey for
the returning colony. They use their punctionally made during a few
years. Therefore I consider them as craftmen, skilled workmen. I forgot
to mention the measures of the hive: length 100cm, diameter 40 cm:
contents: 125 liters. I am aware that the climate in your continent
varies enormously.
I did not expect that traditional beekeepers would respond to my
questions. In stead I hope that researchers or extension officers have
obtained some experience.
By the way the honey I tasted was dark because of the plant sources,
sometimes had some smoky taste, but had been well filtered.
Best regards,
Joop