From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 00:07:49 +0200
As an aside, so far only my cherry tree has set less fruit that normal. The
reason is there is just more to pollinate, so with no bees, the natives
could not do the job, which is why I started keeping bees in the first
place, for pollination of my garden and fruit trees. In any case, their
absence did make a measurable difference.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine

I believe the above also applies to the fruit industry and is the basis for
renting bee for pollination. It is a matter of saturation, ideally fruit
industry wants more pollinators than flowers to be pollinated.

It is my challenge as a bussiness man to be able to provide this service. It
is my challenge as a beekeeper to manage those hives to the highest
standard. It is my challenge as a living creature to say no, that is enough.

I havenīt been able to design a strategy to become an organic honey producer
while at the same time been able to provide the pollination service. I
havenīt develop a method to have my queen lasting two full season.  I
havenīt design a flower route that allows me not to feed.  I havenīt been
able to develop a bee line  varroa free.

So I pollinate for three month a year
and produce "just" Honey for other four month
and change my queen the second autum, and if I have energy each 7 to 9
months.
and  feed and treat.

And believe I come close to perfection "next season".

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.