Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:25:05 EDT
All

Last I checked, biologists consider bees to be animals.  The  plant/animal
question becomes a bit iffy for some unicellular organisms, but  bees are
certainly animals.

A few weeks ago, I asked if bees were livestock.  This was again from  a
'legal/political' viewpoint.  Your e-mails helped Dr. Robert Cramer at  MSU in
Bozeman, MT with his work on Nosema.  He now has a full time  technician -
in Montana, bees are considered to be livestock.

We did find one state that moved the bee program into their plant division
- because bees pollinate plants.  The implication was that bees were an
extension of plants - or so it seems.  I originally smiled at that logic,  but
considering concept of insect and plant co-evolution, maybe its not so far
off the mark.

Thanks

Jerry

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!