From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:35:31 -0400
Date sent:              Sun, 19 Jul 1998 20:36:14 EDT
Send reply to:          Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
From:                   George W Imirie <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Fall bloom
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> tom: If it pleases you, add some green vegetable coloring to the sugar!  Ha
> Ha.
> I just don't know why so many beekeepers would accept the fact that that sugar
> is a MUCH BETTER winter food than honey.  Less disease, much less fecal
> matter, less necessary dilution for brood food in January and February.  Sorry
> you were not at EAS - wonderful TEACHING and LEARNING conference.  We had 410
> registered members and ? locals and "fence climbers".  Great weather.  Hope to
> see you next year last week in July in Tennessee near Oak Ridge where I BUILT
> THE ATOM BOMB back in 44-45.

So, once again the writer is ambiguous in his writing. Are you saying that sugar
is or is not a better winter food than honey?
        Are you sure you were at the same EAS that we went to.Great
weather? It rained almost continously from Tuesday night right through till the
Friday morning, only saw the sun for a few moments late on the Friday!
        So now we know who to blame for the monstrous mistake (Atomic
bombs). Strange, your name is not listed in the official perpetrators of that particular obscenity.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, ON, Canada.
Phone- 705-326 7171.  Fax 705 325 3461.
North American agents. E.H.Thorne(UK)Ltd.
Ventilated Hives and Equipment
David Eyre... Owner
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks