Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 04:27:10 -0800
I received the post quoted below in response to my stance on the responsibility of knowinly keeping Africanized bees.   Would appreciate any help in developing a knowledgeable response to such a stance.  Keeping Africanized genetics is being espoused on the list and I would hate to see people new to beekeeping be adversely affected by following such advice.    .......   Or maybe I am wrong.

Mike in LA

"Tell me something, despite the AHB in Mexico, what are their laws on

the subject. For that matter how do other countries deal with African

genetics in honey bees, even in Europe such as Sweden, Germany, and

the such where African genetics is also in there honey bee population?  "

Why is it that in America, people must demonize honey bees so much,

even those of European genetics?"